Arizona's hospitals help build strong communities by:
- delivering innovative, safe, and effective medical services;
- providing on-demand medical treatment through emergency departments that are prepared to care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year;
- sponsoring preventive programs that improve the health of citizens and help them enjoy healthy, productive lives; and
- partnering with local colleges to support nursing, radiologic technology and other healthcare education programs as well as offering tuition reimbursement, scholarships and loan forgiveness programs to increase the number of healthcare workers available to care for the area's residents.
- There to Care: Building a Healthy Arizona, AzHHA's Community Benefit initiative, will:
- include a statewide study of hospitals' community benefits;
- measure the collective financial impact of hospitals' community benefit programs;
- collect hospitals' community benefits information, including narratives that demonstrate how these programs/services impact people;
- provide hospitals/health systems their individual community benefit financial information with peer group comparisons;
- share the community benefit information with key audiences; and
- integrate the community benefits study results into the Association's advocacy efforts.
To view Community Benefits documents, click here.
To view the Community Benefits Media Release, click here.
To view the Community Benefits Fact Sheet, click here.