Ann-Marie Alameddin, Vice President of Strategy and General Counsel
The University of Arizona Center for Rural Health is offering free prescription opioid continuing medical education courses for Arizona prescribers. This course will help familiarize prescribers with current guidelines for opioid use and prescribing, and non-opioid strategies for pain management. Learning objectives include:
- Appropriately use a range of therapeutic options when managing patients with chronic pain
- Comply with current opioid risk-management practices, including the use of pain contracts and urine drug testing
- Educate patients on the proper use, storage, and disposal of opioid medications.
- Use preferred modalities and medications for the treatment of acute and chronic non-terminal pain
- Assess when it would be appropriate or not for a pregnant patient to undergo medically-supervised withdrawal from heroin
For more information or to register for the course, click here.