All Affiliated Partners
AzHHA finds and vets value-added vendors that make a difference to hospitals' and healthcare facilities' bottom lines. The following Partners have undergone extensive screening by hospital executives to join our elite services program.
To learn more about an Affiliated Partner contact Laura Dicksheid, or call 602-445-4318.
AdaptiveWFS combines best practices of People, Process, and Technology through their Managed Services Provider Program and third-party, web-based Vendor Management Software (VMS). Collaborating along with Hospital Associations across the Country, AdaptiveWFS offers their Members a unique client-centered philosophy that has successfully launched many MSP solutions that extend beyond traditional MSP/VMS partnerships. The AdaptiveWFS team, headquartered in Arizona, listens to truly understand the client’s need then designs solutions around those needs to meet and exceed expectations. The vendor-neutral technology gives Members the ability to broadcast their needs to 100’s of staffing vendors at one time encouraging true competition to keep billing rates competitive and to fill needs faster.
As way of introduction, AdaptiveWFS is offers AzHHA Members a free Workforce Assessment bench-marked by industry experts to provide AzHHA Members with a customized contract labor workforce plan that is transparent, consistent, and sustainable.
- Customized, vendor-neutral MSP Model to encompass full-cycle requisition management of contract labor with the ability to share resources between AzHHA Members.
- Platform Recruiting – AdaptiveWFS tracks start and end dates of contracts and has visibility of Member needs so contract hire can be moved easily from one Member facility to another.
- Learning Management System (LMS) to streamline orientation and on-boarding process to include online testing capabilities and learning modules that can save AzHHA Members up to 20 hours in non-billable orientation hours.
- Standardized system of credential tracking and compliance requirements for utilization of shared resources among all AzHHA Member facilities.
- Per Diem Scheduling tool for flexing contract staff during times of high census and crisis management with the ability to share resources between AzHHA Member facilities.
- Payroll Service Program – Members can refer valued, former employees or candidates to AdaptiveWFS. The referral is added to the AdaptiveWFS payroll, benefits and 401(k) plan. When a need opens at a Member facility, AdaptiveWFS will onboard them as a contract hire rather than a W2 employee. Saves up to 25% on traditional agency recruitment costs.
- Consolidated billing process to include integrated time keeping solutions.
- Trusted advisors with boots on the ground that provide forward-thinking advice on market conditions, contingent talent landscapes, risk mitigation, and contract labor balancing with sustainable workforce approaches to help AzHHA Members improve the overall management of their contract labor spend.
To participate in this program or request a free Workforce Assessment, contact Laura Dicksheid, or call 602-445-4318.
- Find highly qualified permanent placements from a pool of Arizona or national candidates
- Have a laser focus on targeting the right healthcare candidates, unlike other general online job boards
- Enjoy substantially lower fees, as an AzHHA member
- Get 200+ views for each job posting from top Arizona job seekers
- Expand your hospital recruitment efforts to the national level through the National Healthcare Career Network (NHCN)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch Healthcare Banking™ is a powerful ally to healthcare companies of every size. With more than 30 years of industry experience, we seamlessly deliver an unrivaled range of advisory, capital raising and treasury management solutions for hospitals, healthcare facilities and institutions.
- Define focus areas to drive hospital revenue
- Ascertain the strength of a merger, acquisition or partnership
- Find out how leaders create sustained success with nonprofit healthcare strategies
- Rethink your hospital’s cost structure to find hidden savings
- Learn how to stay safe from healthcare cyber crime
- Identify new and future impacts on financial performance by looking at payment and reimbursement strategies
- Understand the impact and opportunity of risk-based reimbursement
- Discover industry solutions for growth, efficiency and achieving goals
Healthcare Resource Group’s (HRG) expertly crafted revenue cycle management services provide customized solutions for your healthcare facility’s unique needs. Its client-centric service suite provides the tools to optimize any part of your revenue cycle or Health Information Management (HIM) Department and increase your facility’s efficiency and profitability.
HRG combines industry-leading technology and credentialed, experienced professionals in all areas of service, including: Complete Business Office (CBO), Extended Business Office (EBO), Early Out Self-Pay, Remote Coding, Audits and Assessments, Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI), and Consulting and Management.
- Strengthen your revenue cycle and cash flow with an efficient workflow
- Increase your cash collections, account resolution, process flow and support with CBO services
- Decrease your loss of revenue, AR days, denial process, improper reimbursements and bad debt with CBO services
- Increase collections (typically by as much as 23%), patient satisfaction, office integration and patient security with Early Out Self-Pay
MCAG is an industry leader, representing over 25% of the hospitals in the U.S. and recovering over $250 million for its clients. Little time and effort is required to activate MCAG to recover money from these settlements on your behalf. You may engage MCAG now to ensure that you take advantage of the $8+ billion in settlement funds.
The enrollment process in MCAG’s service is fast, easy, and has no upfront fees. AzHHA members enroll in the service directly with MCAG for an all-inclusive no risk fee that is a percentage of any recoveries. Visit mcagenroll.com, and enter code AZHHA5 to learn more or enroll quickly online.
- Improve revenue and overall financial performance
- Strengthen operating efficiency
- Focus on core business competencies
- Uncover unexpected revenue opportunities
Medical Air Services Association (MASA) Medical Transport Solutions (MTS) provides protection to nearly two-million members a year covering medical transport and potential out-of-pocket expenses when they need it the most. MASA MTS is offering an enrollment opportunity to all eligible Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association member employees with special group rates starting at $14 a month. MASA MTS offers membership providing coverage for all 3 emergency transportation methods (ground, helicopter, and fixed-wing air ambulances) regardless of ambulance provider. There are no deductibles, no claim forms, no health questions and best of all, all providers are considered "in-network.” Nowadays, it is up to business owners and benefit managers to ensure that employees are covered during medical emergencies. Get comprehensive coverage and peace of mind for your employees by offering MASA MTS. Download information guide.
- Special group rates available exclusively to AZHHA member employees starting at $14 a month
- Provides coverage for all 3 emergency transportation methods (ground, helicopter and fixed-wing air ambulances) regardless of ambulance provider
- No deductibles, no claim forms, no health questions
Since 1983, MedPro Healthcare Staffing has partnered with clients to fill both short- and long-term staffing needs. They have successfully recruited, trained and placed more foreign-educated healthcare professionals into the U.S. healthcare system than any other company in the nation.
MedPro’s custom programs are designed to ensure all foreign-educated healthcare professionals undergo comprehensive clinical and U.S. assimilation training to meet quality and U.S. licensure standards. From recruitment and immigration, to licensing, credentialing and training, MedPro manages every aspect of the process.
- Build a quality, long-term workforce of highly proficient registered nurses who specialize in everything from physical and occupational therapy, to medical technology
- Plan your long-term and short-term workforce needs
- Fill ongoing needs for core staffing
- Rely on an international pool of healthcare candidates
- Have the heavy lifting taken care of for you, from recruiting, immigration and licensing, to credentialing and training
- Enjoy no additional costs for international candidates
Offered regularly throughout the year with new ones always on the forefront of development, HBS programs include hands-on workshops and lectures presented dynamically to foster better learning experiences. Affordable and flexible, all programs also are offered at NJHA-HBS’ Princeton location or onsite at client facilities.
- In-source your coding function to gain greater control of expense and quality
- Become a productive coder for member facilities via the live, web-based I-Code training program
- Receive coder mentoring, which includes training for two employees and the engagement of an NJHA-HBS trained coder for one year
- Keep up to date with coding training topics such as Conquering Coding Challenges, Hot Topics for HIM Professionals, and Coding Clinic Updates
- Master the ICD-10 coding system with the ICD-10 Helpline
- Get help with RAC and HIPAA requirements with AUDIT Trax and HIPAA Trax software solutions
- Receive CEU credit for AHIMA and AAPC
PatientPing is a care-coordination platform that reduces the cost of healthcare by seamlessly connecting providers to coordinate patient care. The platform allows providers to collaborate on shared patients through Pings, or real-time notifications when patients receive care, and Stories, which are important patient context at the point of care.
The technology allows provider organizations, health plans, governments, individuals and the organizations supporting them to leverage real-time data to reach their shared goals of improving the efficiency of our healthcare system.
- Rely on Ping technology for real-time notifications when patients receive care elsewhere
- Rely on Story technology for real-time patient information at the point of care
- Connect with healthcare providers across the country through simple, powerful technology in real-time
- See the patient's care program, visit history and attributed provider upon admission
- Receive real-time notifications once the patient is discharged, providing you with actionable insights to inform care decisions
- View the patient's Story upon admission to a post-acute care facility, and get notified on their care events post-discharge
- Apply timely interventions to improve care outcomes and potentially reduce avoidable readmissions if patients present back to the hospital post-discharge
- Decrease costs associated with redundant or unnecessary treatment
- Deepen referral relationships and community partnerships
- Join a national community of hospitals sharing information to help fight the opioid crisis, lower ED utilization and proactively manage patient care
- View patient's entire care team contact information to enable timely communication
- Triage patients more effectively
- Direct patients with social determinants to appropriate community resources
- Avoid penalties due to proactive care management of high-risk patients (i.e. readmissions, bundled payments)
Tryon Clear View Group (TCVG) has served more than 1,300 hospitals, clinics and healthcare providers since 2011, auditing their non-clinical G & A expenses on services to provide sustainable cost reductions and the recovery of provider overspend.
TCVG’s Expense Category Specialists have more than 500 years of professional experience auditing purchased services from vendors ranging from telecom, print, waste and utilities to equipment maintenance, staffing, document storage and credit card fees.
- Cut your costs with sustainable cost reductions
- Find additional cost-reduction opportunities that your team hasn’t yet identified
- Recover overspends from your existing vendors
- Cash in on vendor savings ranging from 39% to 60% over three years
- Receive a minimum 65% subsidy on eligible expenses if you’re a rural provider
- Audit your credit card processing fees and miscellaneous charges that are not legitimate and save, on average, 21%
- Negotiate lower rates with your existing card merchant
- Analyze the fixed costs of uniform, linen and laundry services for an average savings of 17%
To participate in this program, contact Laura Dicksheid, or call 602-445-4318.
- Get compensation data by department, job title and more
- Be privy to a workforce database that grows by 1M each year
- Keep on top of leading wage and salary compensation trends
- View real-time healthcare salary survey data
- Access unlimited, customizable reports 24/7
- Produce customer surveys that are high-quality
Well-Advised provides Medicare patients with free, non-biased education and online tools so that they can optimally manage their healthcare and costs. 94% of consumers are enrolled in a suboptimal plan, resulting in overpayment or under-coverage. As a result, many patients avoid needed care, delay appointments and don’t fill prescriptions, leading to anxiety and poor health.
- By partnering with Well-Advised, patients can improve enrollment accuracy to assure optimum clinical coverage while matching their financial abilities. Patients simply answer questions about what’s most important to them, and the service recommends optimal plans, facilitates enrollment and assists with accessing the care and services they need to manage their health. Well-Advised continually tracks changes in plans, providers, hospitals, drugs and treatments, and alerts users when better plan options become available. By advocating for appropriate patient access, a hospital reduces bad debt and improves patient satisfaction.